When will the Court Issue a Bench Warrant Against Me?
California Penal Code Section 978.5 When Bench Warrant May Be issued.
(a) A bench warrant of arrest may be issued whenever a defendant fails to appear in court as required by law including, but not limited to, the following situations:
(1) If the defendant is ordered by a judge or magistrate to personally appear in court at a specific time and place.
(2) If the defendant is released from custody on bail and is ordered by a judge or magistrate, or other person authorized to accept bail, to personally appear in court at a specific time and place.
(3) If the defendant is released from custody on his own recognizance and promises to personally appear in court at a specific time and place.
(4) If the defendant is released from custody or arrest upon citation by a peace officer or other person authorized to issue citations and the defendant has signed a proms to personally appear in court at a specific time and place.
(5) If a defendant is authorized to appear by counsel and the court or magistrate orders that the defendant personally appear in court at a specific time and place.
(6) If an information or indictment has been filed in the superior court and the court has fixed the date and place for the defendant personally to appear for arraignment
(b) The bench warrant may be served in any county in the same manner as a warrant for arrest.
California Penal Code Section 979. Forfeiture of Bail and Issue of Bench Warrant on Nonappearance.
If the defendant has been discharged on bail or has been deposited money or other property instead thereof, and does not appear to be arraigned when his personal presence is necessary, the court, in addition to the forfeiture of the undertaking of bail or of the money or other property deposited may order the issuance of a bench warrant for his arrest.
Do not wait for law enforcement to find you, contact Madera's criminal defense attorney Adam Rodriguez and take the fight to them. Adam Rodriguez is recognized as one of the top criminal defense attorney's in Madera County and has successfully tried numerous cases to not guilty verdicts and has ran the Madera County Drug Court for several years.